My pregnancy journey

I try to write in my blog mostly about my travels but I guess you can also say that being pregnant for 9 months was also some kind of a trip. 😀 And this post is in English so my English speaking friends might also get some tips and tricks when they might face the pregnancy journey in their life. Almost 3 months have past since I was pregnant so it is a good time to some up since I have already forgot the small thing that might not be so important and so this post will not end up being like a novel 😅.

Picture from the baby shower 

GENERAL
To begin with I must say that I was quite rookie in this pregnancy world. I even did not know at the beginning about how many weeks is the pregnancy (40 weeks), since mostly I have used to hear 9 months. In my journey dr. Google helped me a lot to, ofc I had to filter a bit the results I received. 😆 My baby was planned but I kind a thought it will take longer to get pregnant since some parties like wedding, bachelorette part was planned in spring that I now had to enjoy while not drinking alcohol. I discover that I am pregnant quite ordinarily - my period was late. But like always, before you have done the test, you can never be sure. So when I suspected that I were pregnant then I actually went to store and bought a wine at first since needed to enjoy my last drinks before facing the pregnancy test. 😀 Overall my pregnancy was quite easy and I did not have any complications, baby came out fine too so I hope my wine did not have any side effects.

Belly growth and the dark spot 😂, 9/12 was day before giving birth

EXERCISING
First 3 months I went to the same gym classes as always, however I felt a bit more tired, but still I managed even waking up once a week 6 am for the volley ball training. I participated the volley ball tournament when I was about 4,5 months pregnant and it was fine. Just had to ask a bigger T-shirt so people would not see my belly. Anyways I did not have a big belly and it started growing half way of the pregnancy. I tried also running but quite early it felt weird in the belly so I stopped doing it. As with all the things during the pregnancy it is best thing to listen to your body and staying active is the best. My main exercise was bicycling until the end. When I was 7 months old I also went to gym for 1 month to do my own exercises with a yoga ball (such a good investment and best thing to sit up during pregnancy). Last 3 months of the pregnancy I also joined the pregnancy yoga that helped to practice breathing but on exercise wise it was more like a support group, so I wined less at home to Kevin. 😁 Last month I also went swimming that was very good, so I should have done it already earlier. I also enjoyed sauna and bubble bath that some people might not recommend, however I liked it.

Biking to see my midwife on a due date

FOOD
I did not have any specific food desires. Ofc during first 3 months I had the nausea (without puking), so the appetite was not so big and I preferred simple food. Kevin was not so happy about that since he likes to cook more spicy Thai food 😅. So bread with butter and Estonian style potato salad were my favorite. Overall I did not feel like I ate more during the pregnancy than usual but it might also be due to the fact that I exercised less so maybe it just balanced out. I actually think that the overeating during the pregnancy is a bit linked to your thinking since I also at the beginning felt that now I have to eat for 2 otherwise the baby will not grow but in the end it is that baby always takes what it needs and as long as you are not hungry everything is good. I think the same mindset was with peeing. In some point I started going to toilet more often since I had heard that pregnant people pee very often but then I convinced myself that I actually do not need to pee that often. Ofc during last month when the belly is already big it does pressure to pee more often.

7 months pregnant 💓

MENTALITY
I must say I complained a lot at the beginning about being pregnant to Kevin since it was difficult to accept the fact that I have to do all the work and he can just get the baby without doing anything 😅. I know that it sounds ridicules but living in this equal society it just made me think all those weird thoughts. Thank god the pregnancy last for 9 months so you can accept the fact that you are the one making the bay happen. I used to say that the baby is my flesh and blood and half of Kevin´s DNA 😎


WORK
I told at work quite late that I was pregnant, I think it was around half way of pregnancy. Firstly I wanted that all the scanning to be done so baby would be all good and secondly I was a bit afraid that people will start treating me differently but this actually did not happen. Only during last month I was left a bit more side of what was going on since everybody knew that I will leave either way soon and I guess they did not want to bother me either. At the beginning I was also a bit stressed about the fact that now my career is over since I have to stay away from work for many months so I miss my development train, plus the maternity benefits were not the best in my company so I would receive less salary for some months while as Kevin can enjoy his full salary (again this equality thing) 😅. They also did not hire maternity cover for me so there is a lot of uncertainty about if or what job I will have when I go back and ofc the guys will never have to experience it. Anyway in the end I accepted it and now actually my company improved the maternity pay so I am very happy about that. In addition it was very nice to go to work when I was pregnant since my colleagues were very friendly and always asked hows it going with the pregnancy. I did not miss any days from work due to my pregnancy and even though on few days I felt like working at home I pushed my self to go to office since i know that it makes me feel better. On my last day I also received nice gifts and a lot of products plus my boss gave a surprisingly good speech about my achievements. 😊

Mindset 😸

TRAVEL
I traveled quite a bit when I was pregnant. During frist 3 months I went to Estonia twice and in the middle of the pregnancy I traveled to Moscow, Estonia and Thailand. Did not have any issues since my belly was not that big, however it was still a bit uncomfortable during the long flights. I wore compressor socks but just walking around a bit was also fine. I took the last flight to Estonia when I was about 6 months pregnant, it was the last week allowed to travel by the plane company without doctors papers. Not sure though if they are checking these things.

Belly baby swimming with a fishes in Thailand (4,5 mth pregnant)💙

If picture is taken from the front then can almost look not pregnant at all


BABY SHOWER
During my last trip to Estonia my sweet friends also made me a baby shower that I did not expect at all 😀. Since I live abroad and have missed many of their important life events so I just did not expect anything from them. 😉 But it was nice to see most of them, chat about life, guess some baby food and get inspiration for the baby names. I was then about 6 months pregnant so my belly was not that huge yet.

2 babies also joined 😍

As you can see my friends with balloon in the belly look more pregnant than I 😀


HEALTH
As mentioned earlier I had quite easy pregnancy but I still caught cold twice. Annoying part is the runny nose since you are not allowed to use many effective nose sprays while pregnant. As they say runny nose goes away in 1 week with medicine and 7 days without, but still the quality of a sleep is much better with the medicine in your nose not punch of pillows under the head and only breathing through the mouth. In the end it was also not so nice to walk for long since belly was big and I got some pain if I waled a lot, so I even sometimes took the bicycle to the metro station instead of walking 7 minutes 😀. Cycling was so much easier than walking. Highly recommend.

Collected free baby staff given by different stores

CLOTHES
What to wear is also an important part of the pregnancy. Since my belly grow slowly at the beginning I could wear my own clothes until 7 months of pregnancy. But I still bought pregnancy pants quite early since normal pants pressured on the stomach. Dresses I did not like so much since I felt like a elephant in them. I bought most of the clothes from H&M but since the fashion right now also supports clothes that look big on you then I also got some regular clothes. Some clothes I ordered online. They were a bit big for me but I kept them since I thought I must gain weight in the end so I need them but overall the remained big until the end since I gained about 9,5 kg and it was mostly the size of the belly. And ofc during last months I had an excuse to ware Kevin´s clothes. 😈

I was able to fit to my own jacket until the end 😊

Wanted to order pumpkin T-shirt, but received this instead (Chinese website 😆)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ema"puhkus" Taani moodi vol2

The Birth Story vol 2 💞

Rasedus vol 2 💙