Estonian life!

The translation of my blog is you-never-know-what-life-will-bring. A line from one old Estonian song that I used to sing all the time in the situations when people around me were wondering how some actions are going to bring in the future or sth like that.

This song from youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKSq4NVJOpM

I am happily back in Estonia and in my sweet home in my lovely room. First days were pretty out of space. On the one hand I was really happy to see my family and old friend but on the other I missed the fast based life in London. Basically I had the feeling like my hometown is a suburb of London and I can not get to the town down.

So what are the main differences that I have noticed so far? Firstly people are not so helpful to open a door for me and they do not say "Im sorry" if the touch me by mistake - it was quite popular in London. Secondly it is cold here and very snowy. I love it as I can wear my winter clothing and do winter sports like skiing. The other Estonians seem not that fond of the winter any more. But I understand them. Usually we are wearing our winter jacket like 8th months and it may also happen that it is snowing at the beginning of May :D Thirdly I noticed that I have now the wired thing like halfway smiling to people on the streets if they are watching towards me and O must admit some of them are smiling back and for Estonians it is remarkable steps towards friendlier attitude. Overall I am quite used with Estonia now.

I love to ride by car that I could not to while living in the central London. The university has also started. As in London the university was more like lifestyle as all the activities and hobbies were connected with that but here it is more like hobby - does not seem so important that it should be. I also got a new job in old place as my old job did not exist any more. I am like administrator in a local library. The biggest surprise is that Estonians do not afraid to make an eye contact, I do not know is it due to my friendly face or I had just miss leading understanding.

And the main point why I wanted to post sth here was that first time in my life I had water in my knee and doctor called dr. Mandel took it off with the syringe. It was disgusting but cool at the same time. 

Estonian Independence Day cake - 95th of anniversary (24.02.2013). It was good ;)


And thats it for now! Miss London - Love Estonia =)

Comments

Saile said…
hahaha :D palun palun PALUUUUUUUUN pane see pilt fesarisse :D
ja järgmine kord kutsu mind ka koogipildile, et me saaks jätkata oma traditsiooni "lets eat-kill the cake" :D

Popular posts from this blog

Ema"puhkus" Taani moodi vol2

The Birth Story vol 2 💞

Koh Samui with baby and toddler 🏝