Logan 1 year! 🥳

Well actually by the time I am writing this post he is already 1 year and almost 2 months old. But it is a perfect time to recap his second half of the baby stage since he has just started walking and is slowly transitioning to toddler. He has been a bit slower in development, I would say 2 months behind, compared to Nolan. At the same time, I actually thought that younger siblings are faster since they have older sibling around, but I guess at the end of the day everybody develops on their own speed! :)

Logan 9 months

Day Care

Logan started to go to daycare when he was close to 9 months old. We were lucky that we got the spot at the same institution where Nolan is going, and it is just around the corner so super close. Nolan though goes to forest kindergarten but the bus leaves and drops off the kids at the same spot. Kevin was the one responsible for integration period since he was on paternity leave until Logan was 11 months old. Overall, it went very smooth, and the teachers said that it is also usually smoother for the second child since he/she is already used to be around other kids. 

Playing at daycare

The downside was that he got sick like every other week during first 3 months, so we were lucky that got the spot so early and Kevin was home. Otherwise, it would have been nightmare with working and taking care of sick child. I cannot really recall that Nolan was sick so often when he started but it was also during the corona times. 

Crawling everywhere! 🙈

Sickness

Let´s have a separated chapter about being sick! 😀 I cannot really remember all the viruses that he had but we believe that he already got the chicken boxes. It was not officially confirmed but that what the doctor says. Why I am in doubt is that nobody else around had it and it was quite mild compared to what I have heard! And then I am also suspecting that he had corona since I had it but also a milder version. I never really tested it. 

Visit to doctor (11 months)!

One of the biggest viruses arrived a day before our flight to Estonia for Xmas. He had around 40 fever and it took some days until the fever completely disappeared and even some more days before he was back to the happy version of himself! 😊

Xmas in Estonia (1y)!

In terms of runny nose and coughing on/off, I am not even sure it will go away at summer, maybe by the time he goes to school! 😀 Nolan had quite really stuffy nose and I remember seeing other small kids running around playground with stuffy nose and wondering aren´t day sick and shouldn´t stay home. So now I see in that case the kid will be in daycare 1 day per month! Maybe this stuffy nose is like part of becoming a Viking since among kindergarten kids I do not see that so much anymore. 

Celebration of 1y B-day!

Food

One of the best things about Logan is that he does not have any allergies that we know off and hence we can give him everything. And he is much better eater than Nolan has ever been. It is so nice to have a child who eats most of the things that you give him. After I returned to work the interest in breastmilk faded away for Logan so we have given him bottled milk. Luckily Kevin got the water boiler that gives exactly the right water for baby bottles since preparing, sterilizing and washing the bottles is such an annoying job. 

Bottle break

Development

I think by the age of 7 months Logan was already crawling. Independently he started sitting I would say 9-10 months. As you can see I have not kept a good diary about this! 🙈 He started standing up while reaching to different object also around 10 months. I think this skill was needed in order to reach to the couch and Nolan´s toys on the table! 😀 Around 1 year and 1 month he started standing up independently and soon after he was already making his first steps. At the moment he still walks and crawls as a mix but I can see that he is walking more and more every day.  

Halloween (10 months)!

In terms of talking, I do not think he has said any proper words yet. Maybe something similar to "thank you" in Estonian like "tah". And if I am not mistaken, he has 4 upper teeth and 3 lower teeth. We just went to dentist with him first time. And if most of kids are afraid of dentist then he just wanted to crawl back to the dentist office all the time. 

Logan 13 months!

I also started to go to baby gymnastics with Logan. It is on weekends, so I quite enjoy having this 1 hour where Logan has all my attention since he does like to go push the speaker! 😀

Logan 10 months!

Sibling´s love

After Logan started to crawl Nolan also started to show more interest in interacting with him. So sometimes they do play together. At the beginning Nolan actually tried to help Logan to do things that we did not want him to do like crawl the stairs. I think he found it funny! Ofc Logan is still small and destroying Nolan´s buildings. We set up a higher table so Logan could not reach but now he is so big that can reach.

Logan 1y and Nolan 4y

Overall, I can see that Logan is as curious little boy as Nolan and it takes quite some energy to make sure that he will not crawl to places where he supposed to not go. Sitting still is not their strongest skill! 😀

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ema"puhkus" Taani moodi vol2

The Birth Story vol 2 💞

Koh Samui with baby and toddler 🏝