First 7 months with baby Logan🐨

Like with Nolan, I did not manage to write this post when Logan turned 6 months, so need to make it before he turns 1.😃 Last months have been busy mainly due to traveling and now back at work, so I try to keep away from the screen during weekends. Below then some highlights from the first half year with baby Logan. Overall it has been easier second time around mainly due to better night sleep. We have also been better at understanding baby´s needs since we have done this before. All energy saved are however consumed by the other child so at the end I was still as tired as before.😅

Picture by Familiis

SLEEP

As already mentioned above, Logan has been better sleeper than we were used with Nolan. Ofc he still woke up at night but in most cases always fell a sleep after feeding. In some point it was actually already quite catastrophic that he slept so long since my boob was about to explode. This period happened when he was about 3-4 months old. He fell a sleep around 21-22 and then woke up 6 in the morning, I fed him and then he continued sleeping until 8 - such a heaven for me.🙌 

Bath time 😊

One thing that we did differently was swaddling from the beginning. It was very helpful during first 2 months. Once he started rolling we stopped. The second big change was that we bought Moonboon with motor. He was then about 2 months old. Before that he kind of fell a sleep either on a baby carrier or when I fed him. We wanted to make sure that we do not get back pain by bouncing him to sleep and Moonboon helped with that. And it has been super helpful until now. Let´s see how long we are going to use it! It can hold up to 15kg.😃

Peaceful sleep in Moonboon

What we also discovered with Logan was that he really liked to sleep on his belly. If on back he woke up like after 30 minutes then on a belly he could have slept hours. I was so happy when he started to roll over himself around 3 months since then I could worry less and have better sleep. 

Pool time in Thailand

I also noticed that I have been much better at timing the sleeping since I notice the sleep signs better and started to follow more closely the time he is awake between the naps and this has made a huge difference. 

Sb has a winkle 💕(3 months)

After gym naps (3 months)

EATING

Breastfeeding is another thing that has been much easier second time around. I have only used the breast pump 2 times. At the beginning to get the milk going and then once when I thought I will pump milk so Kevin could feed him since I had to go out. That was kind of failure since I only got like 10ml (did not really try either 😅). So I made the decision that I am not stressing myself with pumping, if I need to skip feeding then Logan get´s formula. Luckily he does not have cow milk allergy like Nolan and he has been taking a bottle. There were only 2 times when he did not want to take a bottle. This has been huge relief. 

At mums B-day (4 months)

With solids I also started around 4,5 months mainly since I know that I have to return to work when he is 7 months, so the transition would go faster and I can take it slow with solid food. They either way only eat like one spoon per day at the beginning. 

My mum visiting (2 months)

TRAVEL

When Nolan was a baby then corona hit so we actually did not travel as much as we thought we will. This time I actually thought that I am going to travel more and have a weekend trip just me and Logan to somewhere, but in reality I did not too that. I did like the idea, but in reality it is still so much easier to have somebody else to help out with baby (like Kevin 😃), it is pretty hard to be 24/7 alone. Kevin actually has been the one who put Logan to night sleep so I have been pretty dependent on him. 😜

First flight to Estonia at 3 months

Still we went to visit my family in Estonia when Logan was 3 months old. I wanted him to have his first vaccine before traveling. From precious experience I was also super worried about 4 months sleep regression but it actually went pretty smooth with Logan. I think it was because I was too busy with different activities during a day so I did not have time to worry about his short naps! 😃

With great grandmother (3 months)

We still wanted to get more out of the parental leave this time so we were overlapping with Kevin for about 7 weeks. This is definitely the best time of my maternity leave, so basically I was alone only 5 months. When Logan was 5 months we travelled to Thailand for 3 weeks. I am going to write separately about it. Overall I am happy we went but it was not that chill vacation as I remembered. 

With grandparents (6 months)

We also stayed in Estonia for 3 weeks. This was a bit different type of vacation since my mum also had vacation at the same time so she helped out a lot and I would say this was a bit more vacation in terms of having break from parenting. 

Swimming class (4 months)

DEVELOPMENT

To be honest, then I did not have so much time to mark down all Logan´s milestones, so I am just putting approximate times here. 🙈 I think one of the first most exciting thing is when the baby starts smiling at you. This happened around 2 months and he smiled more and more month after month. Now I can say that he is as cheerful as Nolan was as a baby.

Sneeky baby 😁

Belly time has always been easy since he enjoyed being on a belly. He started rolling by himself around 3 months and crawling around 6 months. I am quite happy that he did not start crawling while we were in Thailand since then I could not let him just lay on the belly by the kids pool. 😃

Babytalk after mama & baby class😊

First 2 lower tooth also arrived around 6 months that was same with Nolan.

I can also remember Logan to be quite chatty baby but it was also because I enjoyed chatting with him in the baby language that I was not so good at with Nolan. That was fun! 😊

Tell me you have big brother 😂

FIRST VS SECOND BABY

As mentioned many time before the baby time has been easier with the second baby so far. Looking back I can see that Nolan´s allergy really impacted his sleep in a bad way since he wanted to scratch himself. 

6 months photoshoot 😘

Funny thing is also that Logan started to use pacifier when he was 6 months old. That is quite late. It happened because he was spitting a lot. First it was funny but then annoying. So only way to stop him spitting in the 12 hour flight was to keep the pacifier in his mouth (we hold with the finger at the beginning). And then suddenly he started sucking on his own. Nolan was the baby who suck his fingers so I thought that that will also happen with Logan. Pacifier has actually been a huge help and at this age he can put it in his mouth himself so it really comforts him and helps to fall a sleep. Let´s see how it is going to be with the addiction later. 🙈

2 month old Batman

Cargo bike ride (4 months)

SIBLING LOVE

The age difference between the boys is 3 years. So far Nolan has not shown so much interest in playing with Logan since he is still a baby. However he as still helped out with bottle feeding him, changing diaper and distracting him when Logan is crying. However, now when Logan has started to crawl things are changing since Logan can reach all of his big brother´s toys. This keeps him busy but when Nolan sees it then he is not so good at sharing yet, so probably you can hear more from me about the sibling fight in the future. 🙈 At the same time it is still cute to see them growing up together! ❤️

1 to 6 months! ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ema"puhkus" Taani moodi vol2

The Birth Story vol 2 💞

Koh Samui with baby and toddler 🏝